The participant represents and warrants that he has full legal right and authority to submit the heretofore mentioned film/video project for consideration by The Optical Theatre Film Festival, and that all necessary consents, licensing and approvals have been obtained with respect thereto.
The participant agrees to hold The Optical Theatre and its sponsors harmless in any and all matters pertaining to the consents, licenses, and approvals of heretofore film/video project. The participant understands that his submission is in no way a guarantee of acceptance into The Optical Theatre.
All entries selected into The Optical Theatre Film Festival grant The Optical Theatre the right to use any footage from the preview screener and all submitted publicity photos and any other materials sent to us pertaining to this entry for The Optical Theatre’s promotional purposes, without limitations.
No one from The Optical Theatre or its sponsors has guaranteed the participant admission into the festival. The participant has read the terms and conditions appearing herein, and agrees, without exception, to all the terms and conditions stated:
- Films must have been completed after January 1, 2014;
- European premiere status will be one of the factors considered when determining a film’s inclusion in the Festival;
- Films must not have had any commercial, theatrical or television play;
- Films in a language other than English must be subtitled in English for Festival presentation.
We will accept links to online versions of your film. You may enter a password protected link (via Youtube or Vimeo) to your online screener when completing the submission form.
We don’t accept physical copies.
Payment in US dollars may be made by American Express, Visa, or Mastercard through Paypal online.
There are no refunds.
Filmmakers must deliver final format (as indicated) for Festival screenings by October 18th. No exceptions will be permitted. If your film is selected for exhibition, please be advised that the festival will require:
- A digital HD copy via WeTransfer;
- English subtitles;
- Production film stills Head shot of Director(s);
- Short biography of Director(s);
- Trailer link;
- Cast and crew
- Posters and postcards, if available, to promote your film prior to the festival.